Brasilian fashion brand, Osklen designed by Oskar Metsavaht is taking over this week at São Paulo Fashion Week 2016. The collection includes creative colourblock tones and relaxed lifestyle pieces.The chic sportswear is comfortable with amazing cuts. I highly recommend this brand if you’re looking to update your wardrobe for next spring.
London is always the place to be. North West in particular is my home and this time of year, we welcome Frieze Week!
It’s that time of year again, the autumn chestnut trees and cool breeze are rolling through Germany.
Centuries of history lure you in with artistic charm from Gothic buildings, prosperous businesses, classical musicians to literary prominence, dominant sport and a quality of life in Munich.
Annually, people from all corners of the world travel to Oktoberfest for beer celebrations. However, there’s more than beverage events to explore in this Bavarian center of culture.
You as a tourist will adore the German language. Might be best to learn a few phrases before arrival. First step – Guten Tag is hello.
What to do:
- Visit Baroque palaces – Nymphenburg and Schloss Schleißheim
- Have a coffee or snack in a castle – Schloss Dachau
- View majestic landmarks – Alteus Rathaus and Statue of Bavaria
- Lunch at the legendary brewery, Hofbräuhaus
- Diverse venues – Pinakothek der Moderne, Brandhorst, Haus der Kunst, National Bavarian Museum and Schack Gallery
- Like music? Enjoy an opera or concert at Residenztheatre
- Do you follow Bundesliga? Attend an FC Bayern München football match
- For down time, stroll in one of the relaxing parks – Englischer Garten and Olympiapark
- Dinner reservations: Restaurant Alter Hof $$, Kochspielhaus $$$ and Konigshof $$$$
When to go:
End of summer (August) and early autumn (September/October) mainly because the climate ranges from 13-20 degrees Celsius or 55-70 degrees Fahrenheit.
Where to stay:
** Budget option: ibis Munchen, from $91/night.
*** Moderate leisure: Hotel Bavaria, from $107/night.
**** Splurge a bit: Pullman Munich, from $117/night.
***** Top of the class: Hilton Munich Park, from $139/night.
Why it’s worth it:
Munich has unique characteristics. There are moments of admiration and confusion. It keeps things interesting while roaming the industrial city streets. The traditional expressive form and street graffiti is fascinating for the artistic eye. German is the official language yet English is spoken as well. This is the place where Adolf Hitler rose to power if you’re into politics. There’s a strong economy which drives the bustling business scene. Historical value makes the Bavarian atmosphere alluring. People have a good quality of life which helps for assimilation into the societal culture. Also, technology is improving the means of communication in the city.
How to get there:
Munich International Airport welcomes flights from intercontinental destinations including: Abu Dhabi, Bangkok, Beijing, Cairo, Chicago, Delhi, Doha, Dubai, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Montréal, Mumbai, Muscat, New York, Osaka, São Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Tokyo, Toronto and more. Time to fly, book here.
Venturing to the northern capital of Italy, Venice offers amazing architecture, adventurous alleys, fun fashion, gorgeous gondolas and new ways of thinking.
1.The city’s wooden and limestone buildings embrace you, sparking memories of the empire ages in the history books you read at school.
View of the Grand Canal. Photo: Niya Sinckler.
2. Get lost in the maze of alleys where locals will help you reach your destination, who knows you may even make a friend while practising your Italian. Can you say: “Ciao, come stai? Dove si trova…?” (Hello, how are you? Where is…? in Italiano).
Puppy meandering. Photo: Niya Sinckler.
3. Along many cobblestones streets are the infamous Venetian masks. It’s fun to explore the color palettes and buy one as a token souvenir.
Colorful Carnival of Venice. Photo: Google.
4. Gondolas are a great way to see the city and capture its beauty. The men taking you normally sing relaxing Italian tunes as you sway through the waterways.
Fancy a ride? Photos: Niya Sinckler.
5. As a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Venetian cultural elements leave a lasting impression.
Street art. Photo: Niya Sinckler.
Venice is one of my favorite cities and I treasured my visit. Autumn is a lovely time to go as the temperature is reasonable and flight fares are low since it’s off season in Europe. Enjoy!